The Texas Public Health Association (TPHA) job postings page is a free service to our members. If you have a job vacancy that you would like to post on our website please send a link to your job posting to the TPHA office at Txpha@aol.com
Posted November 1, 2018
Healthy Futures of Texas (HFTX) Job Description: Health Educator II Competitive Personal Responsibility Education Program (C-PREP) Grant Non-Exempt Position Healthy Futures of Texas is a nonprofit organization dedicated to reducing teen and unplanned pregnancy in San Antonio. We believe that all young people deserve to reach their full potential—and become parents at a time that is right for them and their family. JOB TITLE: Health Educator II REPORTS TO: Program Director for the HFTX C-PREP Grant JOB SUMMARY: This full-time position is responsible for collaborating with and providing training/technical assistance for community college staff and students, and participating community agencies, to achieve the objectives of the HFTX C-PREP Alamo Colleges project.
For more information go to: Healthy Futures of Texas
Posted October 10, 2018
Texas AHEC East is currently hiring for the position of Executive Director for the Waco regional office in Waco, TX. Texas AHEC East is implementing a new program— AHEC Scholars which at its core is a recruitment tool for health professionals interested in working in rural and underserved areas. The successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in business or a related field. Applicants with masters degrees in a health related field are strongly encouraged to apply.
Posted September 28, 2018
Director of Health and Human Services – Dallas County, Texas
Ideally situated in north central Texas, Dallas County has a population of almost 2.5 million and is the ninth most populous county in the United States. Dallas County encompasses thirty diverse, growing cities, with a vibrant, well-educated population. The mission of the Dallas County Department of Health and Human Services is to protect the health of the citizens of Dallas County through disease prevention and intervention and through promotions of a healthy community and environment. This is done through assessment, community input education, disease monitoring, regulation, and health services that help control the spread of disease.
Dallas County seeks an experienced and respected leader in the public health field to serve as its new Director of Health and Human Services. This position directs the operation of all health and human services programs to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws and policies, proper budget preparation and use, and the management of personnel consistent with the needs of the program components. The Director is accountable for the interpretation of and execution of Dallas County and Health and Human Services policies. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Extensive experience dealing with the media is essential.
Minimum Qualifications as a Medical Doctor:
· MD/DO degree from an accredited school of medicine
· Ten (10) years of work related experience as a licensed physician in a public or community health environment
· Seven (7) years of upper level management experience in a health and human services or related environment
· A current license to practice medicine in the State of Texas as an MD or a DO
Minimum Qualifications without MD/DO degree:
· Education and experience equivalent to a master’s degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in social or health services, business, or in a job related field of study
· Fifteen (15) years of professional work related experience, including ten (10) years of upper level management experience in a health and human services or related environment
Strong preference will be given to candidates with a medical degree or doctorate in public health, public administration, or a related field. The incumbent must have a valid Texas driver’s license with a good driving record.
Please apply online at: http://bit.ly/SGRCurrentSearches
For more information on this position contact:
Posted July 3, 2018
Coastal Health & Wellness is seeking a new Clinical Director. Click HERE for more information.
Salary Rate: $110,000-$120,000 in addition to an excellent and comprehensive benefits package. To apply please visit our website http://www.gchd.org/about-us/career-opportunities and fill out our online application.
Posted April 6, 2018
Fort Bend County
Posted March 12, 2018
The Epi II will work with the Rhapsody and Nedss team at DSHS with the Emerging & Acute Infectious Disease Branch. Additional information may be found at:
We are looking for individuals who can demonstrate the ability to perform the following duties:
• Perform deep HL7 analysis on ELRs from hospitals/critical access care facilities in Texas and use informatics concepts needed to translate user requirements into acceptable HL7 standards for public health information systems consumption
• Collaborate with facilities and laboratories for Electronic Laboratory Reporting (ELR) flow
• Participate in the daily data mapping for healthcare interoperability standard codes
• Provide user support for NEDSS and workflows - including troubleshooting and issue management (logging, sequence / escalation, and resolution)
• Act as a business analyst for implementation of new HL7-ORU-ELR interfaces and requirements for hospitals/registered facilities’ onboarding into the state’s feed
• Assist with various infectious disease program leads to develop various data value sets as required by the CDC
• Participate in the planning, development, training, implementation, evaluation, and maintenance of the public health Information system (National Electronic Disease Surveillance System - NEDSS)
• Serve as a coordinator between epidemiologists, Informatics team and IT professionals to facilitate the adoption of new systems and adherence to all federal, state, local, and company guidelines
Applicants must complete a State of Texas application to apply to a position. Once you have applied, you may also submit a resume to your profile; however, submitting a resume does not submit you to a job.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship. Applicants will be required to complete an in-basket exercise. The full salary range may not be offered due to budget limitations HHS agencies use E-Verify. Applicants must bring I-9 documentation on first day of work.
Posted March 12, 2018
The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) School of Public Health
Department of Management, Policy and Community Health
Open Rank Faculty Position in Healthcare Management
The Department of Management, Policy and Community Health Practice at the UT Health Houston School of Public Health, invites applications for a 12-month tenure-track faculty position starting in the 2018-19 academic year. In evaluating applications, the search committee seeks evidence of outstanding research and teaching. Candidates must have a Ph.D. degree (or equivalent). We welcome candidates whose experience in teaching, research, and service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity. Expertise in finance and accounting, operations management and healthcare law are of interest.
The candidate is expected to lead a thematic program of externally funded research. The candidate is also expected to teach masters and doctoral level courses, engage in student recruitment, advising and retention activities, as well as service. The selected candidate will join a team of researchers addressing a broad range of public health problems. The position is located on the Houston campus. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Competitive salary and startup funds are available. Academic rank, salary, and tenure will be determined based on the qualifications and experience of the selected candidate. Interested candidates should access the following link to complete the Web application: www.go.uth.tmc.edu. Please attach a letter describing qualifications and interests, curriculum vitae, and contact information for three professional references. Please email all questions to: Gretchen Gemeinhardt, Ph.D., Search Committee Chair, Gretchen.l.Gemeinhardt@uth.tmc.edu
Posted February 21, 2018
The American Association of Nurse Practitioners is seeking to fill a Research Manager (Non-Clinical) position in Austin, Texas. A brief overview of the job:
You will be helping to develop research programs, manage grants and educate professionals. This role oversees 2 areas and reports to the VP of Research. SAS and/or SPSS experience is desired. ArcGIS experience is a plus. A Master's degree with ~3-5 years of work experience is desired. The position will help to develop national guidelines, inform policy, and compile best practices. Having some leadership and/or organizational experience is helpful.
Posted February 21, 2018
The American Association of Nurse Practitioners is seeking to fill a Data Manager position in Austin, Texas. A brief overview of the job:
This role works closely with IT and Project Management departments to ensure improvements to the merging and importing process. You will be overseeing a small data team, contractors and vendor relationships. This role reports to the VP of Research.
- Managing the database, as well as monitoring specific tasks to ensure the quality and integrity of data
- Oversee sampling of the annual national sample survey
- Managing vendors for geocoding
- Establish protocols with research team for data entry on individual projects
- Manage transcription of qualitative data from focus groups
- Process public use data file requests
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Bonus if you have SQL experience
- Good understanding of medical and nursing terminology
PostedJanuary 22, 2018
Williamson County and Cities Health District
Disease Control and Prevention Division
Epidemiologist III, CDMT Team Lead Position Available
The position can also be found online http://www.wcchd.org/employment/index.php.
Jobs at DSHS
DSHS is committed to hiring skilled and dedicated employees who will work hard to pursue our vision of a healthy Texas. If you are looking to make a difference and tackle new challenges, we encourage you to start a career with us.
Employment opportunities at DSHS are listed in the Texas Health and Human Services Jobs Center. You can also use this site to search all current openings within other HHS agencies.
If you find a job posting that interests you, you can apply for the position by creating a profile and completing an online State of Texas application. By creating a profile, the application will remain on file for your future use so you can update your profile or application information, or you can apply to other jobs. The Job Center also allows you to view and track the status of your submitted applications online.
For assistance with the application process or to report issues, please call the HHS Jobs Service Center at 1-888-894-4747.