The Texas Public Health Association (TPHA) job postings page is a free service to our members. If you have a job vacancy that you would like to post on our website please send a link to your job posting to the TPHA office at Txpha@aol.com
Posted April 23, 2019
City of Waco
PRIMARY DUTY: Under basic supervision, performs environmental health inspections for the Public Health District (PHD); protects the health and safety of the public from adverse environmental determinants.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions, but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
•Performs environmental health inspections and investigates complaints to verify compliance with stateand local regulations; scope of work includes food quality and safety, wastewater treatment, solid andhazardous waste management, air quality, water quality, insect and animal vector control, recreational and institutional facility inspections, consumer health and occupational health and safety.
•Organizes and presents training programs; applies and enforces statutes, regulations, ordinances and policies governing environmental health; prepares summary and status reports; assures that the services provided meet the program requirements.
•Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality ofworkrelated issues and City information; performs other duties as required or assigned.
•Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s license.
•May be required to respond afterhours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City wide emergency.
•Driving is essential.
Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Science, or a related field is required; AND one year of public sector inspection experience; Sanitarian registration requires 4 yr Bachelors with 30 hours of Natural and Applied Science.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION:
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
• Registered Sanitarian from the Texas State Department of State Health Services is required; additional technical training and certifications may be required.
Click here for complete job description and application guidelines
Posted April 5, 2019
Senior Management Analyst (Epidemiology/Informatics Division)
San Antonio Metropolitan Health District
Under general direction, is primarily responsible for acquisition, preparation, and comprehensive analysis of data from various sources, including survey data, publicly available datasets, and hospital discharge data. Additional responsibilities include geographic mapping of data, preparation of health data fact-sheets and in-depth reports, contribution to grant applications, and close collaboration with internal and external programs on data-related matters. This position requires knowledge and routine use of epidemiological methods, statistical software, and data mapping and visualization tools. Exercises direct supervision over assigned staff.
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Business, Public Administration, or a related field.
• Five (5) years of experience in a relevant field, including but not limited to management, analysis, or policy development.
• Master's degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Biostatistics or related field.
• Excellent computer skills with Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Publisher.
• Experience and training in coding and analysis using statistical software such as, SAS, STATA, R, SPSS.
• Experience and knowledge of data mapping and visualization tools using ArcGIS and Tableau.
• Knowledge of public health datasets, agencies, and programs such as CDC, and Census Bureau.
• Experience in grant writing and preparation of grant applications.
• Experience in scientific writing and literature reviews.
PLEASE SEE FULL JOB DESCRIPTION AND APPLICATION AT FOLLOWING LINK:
Posted March 18, 2019
Infection Control / Employee Health RN
The Infection Control / Employee Health RN job will consult with physicians, managers, and staff for the management of infectious and/or immuno-suppressed patients. The Infection Control / Employee Health Nurse / RN implements an effective hospital-wide infection control program in keeping with Centers for Disease Control (CDC), JCAHO, and other regulatory agencies. The Infection Control / Employee Health Nurse / RN directs all functions of the Employee Health program.
· The Infection Control / Employee Health Nurse / RN will have a Bachelors Degree in nursing or healthcare related field. A Masters degree in a clinical specialty is preferred. Equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may substitute for education requirements.
· The Infection Control / Employee Health Nurse / RN will have a current State RN license in the state in which they will be working. An ICP or related certification preferred.
· A minimum of 1 year clinical experience in medical-surgical or critical care nursing. Experience in Infection Control with basic knowledge of the principles of epidemiology and inctions, diseases, sterilization, sanitation, and disinfection practice preferred. Experience in handling employee health preferred. Full job description may be found by clicking on the link below or pasting the following link into your browser
Click here for Complete job description and application information
Posted March 2, 2019
Healthy Futures of Texas is a nonprofit organization dedicated to reducing teen and unplanned pregnancy in San Antonio. We believe that all young people deserve to reach their full potential—and become parents at a time that is right for them and their family. We currently have an opening for a C-PREP (Competetive Personal Responsibility Education Program) Health Educator I. This is a non-exempt position reporting to the Program Director for the Grant. JOB SUMMARY: This full-time position is responsible for collaborating with and providing training/technical assistance for community college staff and students, and participating community agencies, to achieve the objectives of the HFTX C-PREP Alamo Colleges project. To see a complete description of the job, please visit our website at https://hf-tx.org/who-we-are/join-our-staff/
Posted November 1, 2018
Healthy Futures of Texas (HFTX) Job Description: Health Educator II Competitive Personal Responsibility Education Program (C-PREP) Grant Non-Exempt Position Healthy Futures of Texas is a nonprofit organization dedicated to reducing teen and unplanned pregnancy in San Antonio. We believe that all young people deserve to reach their full potential—and become parents at a time that is right for them and their family. JOB TITLE: Health Educator II REPORTS TO: Program Director for the HFTX C-PREP Grant JOB SUMMARY: This full-time position is responsible for collaborating with and providing training/technical assistance for community college staff and students, and participating community agencies, to achieve the objectives of the HFTX C-PREP Alamo Colleges project.
For more information go to: Healthy Futures of Texas
Posted October 10, 2018
Texas AHEC East is currently hiring for the position of Executive Director for the Waco regional office in Waco, TX. Texas AHEC East is implementing a new program— AHEC Scholars which at its core is a recruitment tool for health professionals interested in working in rural and underserved areas. The successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in business or a related field. Applicants with masters degrees in a health related field are strongly encouraged to apply.
Jobs at DSHS
DSHS is committed to hiring skilled and dedicated employees who will work hard to pursue our vision of a healthy Texas. If you are looking to make a difference and tackle new challenges, we encourage you to start a career with us.
Employment opportunities at DSHS are listed in the Texas Health and Human Services Jobs Center. You can also use this site to search all current openings within other HHS agencies.
If you find a job posting that interests you, you can apply for the position by creating a profile and completing an online State of Texas application. By creating a profile, the application will remain on file for your future use so you can update your profile or application information, or you can apply to other jobs. The Job Center also allows you to view and track the status of your submitted applications online.
For assistance with the application process or to report issues, please call the HHS Jobs Service Center at 1-888-894-4747.