Types of Submissions the TPHJ will consider for Publication
All public health professionals, students and interested individuals are encouraged to submit one of these types of articles. You need not be a member to submit.
- Original Public Health Research Manuscripts, *
- Public Health Practice Manuscripts, *
- Public Health Practice Commentaries,
- Public Health Brief Reports,
- Public Health Historical Topic Short Papers,
- Public Health Book or Software Reviews.
* For manuscript submissions, please follow all guidelines detailed on the formatting and submission pages.
For all other submissions, please follow the guidelines below:
- Articles must meet the TPHJ goals as stated on the Publications/Journal page.
- Articles may be up to 3 pages including references, figures, tables etc.
- Pages must be double-spaced, have at least 1" margins, use 12 point font, and have page numbers.
- Please use the same font for tables and figures that is used in the text.
- Figures and pictures may be in color and must be legible and easy to read. (copied maps are often blurry and not clearly legible, please fix text prior to submitting)
- Please include a title, author's name and affiliation with email address.
- If Internal Review Board (IRB) approval was involved, please include specifics.
- Please ensure your paper has been proofed for proper grammar, word usage,spelling and, sentence structure.
- If your paper includes citations and references, please use superscript in the text and include corresponding numbered references at the end of the paper. For more information see the reference section on the page,
- Each submission will be reviewed for suitable content, timeliness and general scholarly quality.
Please note that the TPHA Editorial Board reserves the right to refuse items if thought to affect our non-profit status.
All documents must be submitted electronically to
firstname.lastname@example.org . Please specify article type in subject line, for example, "Public Health Commentary" .